Saturday, September 11, 2010

¡Bienvenido à Valparaíso!

Lindsay's Home!
Yesterday was our first full day in Valparaíso and I (Sara) loved every minute of it! After a slow start to the day and a delicious lunch, we headed out to visit Lindsay's host family. They are just as amazing, warm and crazy as I expected. We're going back for lunch on Monday or Tuesday so I'm sure I'll have some good stories after that. After visiting Lindsay's host family, we headed into Valparaíso. Of course we needed a snack and a drink so we stopped into a cafe for an empanada de pino (empanada with beef, onions, hard boiled egg and olives aka one kalamata olive) and a pisco sour.
YUM!
One pisco sour down, we headed across the street to Bitacora, a cafe/bar where Lindsay ran into some friends from her study abroad time here...totes regs, no big deal. We (mostly Lindsay) caught up with friends and the bartender/owner's son took a bit of a liking to me, in the form of giving me many presents- an orange, a drawing of a flower, a pinwheel, his heart, his eyes and a couple of beverages.
Los Regalos de Diego
 We continued the fun at our friend, Coti's apartment with a couple more of Lindsay's friends. All in all, I would say it was a wonderful introduction to Lindsay's adopted city. Many of our experiences thus far remind me of my study abroad time in Strasbourg, France so you can only imagine how much fun I am having here. 
Claudia, Coti, Mari, Cami, Lindsay, Lorena y Daniel (left to right)

¡Bienvenido à Valparaíso, Sarita!

No comments:

Post a Comment