Thursday, September 9, 2010

Barking is the same in every language...

After a 4 hour flight from Denver to Miami, 8 hours in the Miami airport, an 8 hour flight to Santiago and a hour and half bus to ride to Valparaíso...WE MADE IT TO CHILE!  Not that anyone was worried right? For me (Lindsay) everything feels surpsingly normal....from the impressive view of the cordillera (the Andes mountains) from the airplane to the diversity of mullets...I feel at home. After settling in at our friend's apartment and getting a bite to eat, naturally, we would then proceed to attend a march in defense of street dogs. I'm serious.
We all deserve to live!
My friend who is an avid proponent of animal rights told me a march would be taking place in the center of Vaparaíso and I thought what better way to introduce Sara to Chile then a protest. Apparently, city government recently passed an ordiance that fines people for feeding the legion of street dogs, "los perros callejeros," that populate the streets of Valpo.
For those who know me, this was not my first south american protest experience and I am thrilled to see Sara enjoying the people watching and chanting (and in this case, howling) as much as I do. All and all, a good first day and will certainly sleep well tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Leave it to you to find a protest! Welcome to Chile Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactamente! A protest is the perfect start to your trip. I recognized Paloma in one of the photos!

    ReplyDelete